Luke, my baby.I know he hates when I say that! He makes this face that is disapproving as he shakes his head.
He's mostly kind to everyone with the exception of his little sister that gets the brunt of his "brotherly" love.
He has always been my most adventurous. Ever since I can remember he was running, jumping, and tackling like a football player. One of his teachers recently suggested that Luke join track. I think that would be a good activity for Luke to become involved with!
Luke loves to hang out with his older brother. A couple of years ago they had friends that were siblings and they all ranged in the same age, i.e. Matthew's friend was his age, while her sibling was Luke's age, and they would all hang out together.
Ever since the day Luke was born, he's been able to look into my eyes and reach deep into my soul. I've always felt more calm around Luke and have always enjoyed his company. He's mostly kind and considerate of other's feelings and he will do what he can to help someone that needs it in his subtle little way.
Luke let's a lot of things roll off his back. He even let's his older brother stand on him! I guess that makes up for all the times that he would run and plow his older brother over.
Generally, all three kids get along. Once in a while however, they go at each other and I would like to pull my hair out! They all know how to push each other's buttons and get each other worked up, however, Luke generally runs under the radar. Being in the middle sometimes makes him invisible.
I love when he and his siblings can do things together and enjoy each other's company without an adult around. I love to catch them in candid moments when they don't have any idea someone is watching. In this one, they were looking at slugs at Grandma and Grandpa Vance's house in Colorado Springs for Grandpa's birthday!
Thirteen years have come and are soon to go. Luke will be turning 13 next Sunday, November 2, The Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos). I am learning as I go, just as Luke is learning. I want him to know that if he works hard and puts his mind to what he has to accomplish he will fly through life without problem.
