I've been lucky enough to have a very talented Father whom has made many artistic creations.In my home hang four of his works of art.
I always looked forward to the things that my Dad made for me. He painted a table with strawberries all over it when I was a little girl. I don't know what happened to that table, I think it was given away. :-( I would love to have been able to give that to my little girl. He also painted a doll crib for me with a little girl that wore a bonnet. Same as the table, I don't know what happened to my little doll crib.
When I was in elementary school, I remember watching my Dad create oil paintings. This is one of them. This particular painting doesn't have a good history, as it was an object that my parents fought over in their divorce. My Dad won.For a long time, Dad would offer this painting to me to take home. I would pass on the opportunity to take it because of the symbolic nature that the picture held for me.
I didn't want my Mother to come to my home and see the painting hanging in my home, especially after the energy she spent on trying to keep it! I eventually got over that hang up and am very proud to have this painting hanging in my home.
One of the things that my Dad really loves to draw, in this case paint, are columbines. I've had this painting for a very long time, and I honestly cannot recall when I took possession of it! I know it was after I was married. It was hanging in the stairwell to my basement and one day I realized that NO ONE besides myself and my family were able to enjoy the painting because of its location. I decided to hang it in my living room! I think it goes great in there!
This plaque painting has companion paintings that went with it! There was a plaque with the name VANCE on it which had a few black ribbons that hung down with additional owls painted on them. I believe that my brother may have the other piece to this plaque. I wish that it could stay together, but at the same time, I'm glad that both my brother and I have these pieces. They tie us to our childhood with good memories of those times!

