MY WORLD

MY WORLD
06152018

05092018 Ashleigh Graduation

Monday, March 03, 2008

I feel like I'm doing an ok job raising my kids and enjoying their company. I know that some of my family wouldn't like the way that I'm living my life, or the way that I'm doing what I'm doing, but I know that I'm doing my best!

I do believe that my Dad's mother wouldn't be happy in the way that I'm raising my children. I want them to be compassionate people that have love and respect for others around them. Even if they do not agree with the things that are expressed to them, or what they know is right; to view all people as people and to have respect for the diversity that surrounds them! I want them not to look down at another human being, but to have understanding of another's position in life.

My paternal family is strick in their upbringing. Pioneers following Joseph Smith, the prophet and those that follow his teachings. Something that I have ingrained in my DNA, yet whole heartedly rebel from at the same time.

My maternal family is more understanding and open to me, although very much from the sticks, laid back, following the nature of natural human-nature! Left unattended...

Do you get that? Do I?

My mother's family is where I feel most comfortable, without judgment; where my father's family, I feel like I do not live up to their par and thus feel uncomfortable in their understanding of me. When I relax and hang with my paternal family, I don't feel so outcast, but always hearing about the gospel and being eternally sealed to the family... I'm just not there. I can see them there, but no myself!